Swan Skin’s IPL Hair Removal in Melbourne
Swan Skin and Body Solutions use Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology to provide IPL hair removal in Melbourne. Besides removing unwanted hair, it’s used to reduce signs of aging, the appearance of scars, and spider veins. It also helps to lighten dark patches of skin.
IPL is often confused with laser hair removal therapy. But there are a few differences in how they work. While they both produce energy to disrupt hair growth in each follicle, laser hair removal delivers a single concentrated beam of light and IPL delivers multiple wavelengths – more diffused and less powerful. Thus, IPL can treat larger areas of skin in a short time compared to laser therapy and is considered the best hair removal in Melbourne.
Swan Skin IPL Hair Removal in Melbourne is safe and does not hurt. Most customers say that they merely get a slight tingling or a warm feeling. That said, it does differ from person to person. Someone with dark and coarse hair could experience an initial pinching sensation similar to a feeling of being gently flicked by an elastic band. If you feel this, let your specialist know and they will offer you a chilling gel or local anesthetic.
How Swan Skin IPL Hair Removal in Melbourne Works
Our specialist will use a handheld device to deliver the treatment. IPL technology applies gentle pulses of light to the hair root, making the hair go into a “resting phase”. This happens with the help of Melanin which absorbs the light from the flashes. The hair in that area falls out and gradually your body will grow less hair there.
It uses light energy to target and remove pigmented/damaged skin cells or hair follicles.
Our specialist will target multiple wavelengths of IPL onto your skin, to heat the cells and break them down. The damaged tissue is removed by the body naturally.
All in all, it’s quite a simple and pain free procedure. The duration and number of sessions required will depend on each individual’s treatment plan. Everyone responds differently to IPL treatments and most people will need multiple sessions to get their desired results. IPL treatments are more effective and work better on white or light brown skin than on black skin.
What Swan Skin IPL Hair Removal in Melbourne is Used For
IPL is considered the best hair removal in Melbourne because it can be used to treat a variety of skin issues such as:
- Unwanted hair
- Hyperpigmentation including age spots and freckles
- Acne scars
- Sun damaged skin
- Melasma or brown or gray-brown skin patches
- Rosacea or redness of the face
- Stretch marks
- Spider veins
Guidelines for Before and After The Treatment
Avoid the following for 2 weeks:
- Chemical peels
- Collagen injections
- Sunbathing and tanning beds
- Don’t take aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs before the procedure.
- Immediately before and after therapy, you have to avoid using any perfume or deodorant on the treatment area.
After the procedure
- The treated area may look red or pink for 4-8 hours.
- There may also be a stinging sensation for a few hours similar to a mild sunburn. A cool pack or moist cloth can help reduce the stinging.
- Swelling is common and usually lasts for several days.
- During the recovery period, avoid putting makeup or lotion on the treated area for one day or until all the swelling has subsided. Afterwards, you should moisturize the treated area at least twice a day for a minimum of 3 months.
If you’re looking for the best hair removal in Melbourne to remove unwanted hair, birthmarks or other skin blemishes, call us today and schedule your IPL consultation.